Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Favorite Finds: Van's Couch



Today's Favorite Find is from Vanessa (Van for short) from ThriftCore.com. Van blogs about her thrifting adventures and provides guidance and tips for fellow vintage-lovers! She finds the greatest items and is even working toward opening a brick & mortar store in Florida! Be sure to visit her blog and say hi!

I knew Van would have a great Favorite Find and she definitely didn't disappoint! Read on to find out more!

What is your favorite find and where did you find it?

It's hard to choose, but my favorite find is my scandinavian mid century modern couch. I found it on Craigslist.com.



How did you know it was JUST RIGHT and that it was coming home with you that day?
I deliberated but decided the shape and color were perfect, the print doesn't show stains, which is important for my lived-in home. When I "visited" it at the owner's house, it was super comfortable as well. A winner all-around!

Had you been couch shopping for awhile or did you have to re-arrange plans to make a "new" couch work in your home?

My old couch had to go, it was stained and ripped and made my living room feel like a dorm room. For months I couldn't find a replacement, so the new couch was a happy and necessary find! Out went the old couch, and the new one fit in with no problem.

Anything else we need to know about your adventure with thrifting this couch?
It was indeed an adventure to get this big-A couch home when I drive a compact car! I had to enlist two friends for help, one for a truck and one to lend muscle-power! We drove around the apartment complex a few times before we found the right place. Then we had to get the couch down 3 flights of steep stairs and to the truck. We drove 45 minutes across town before it was finally in my house. 'Twas worth it! The couch is loved by all who meet it!

Why do you love vintage?
I love vintage because it has better construction and a story to tell. It's unique and attractive; vintage is art.

Why do you love thrifting?

I'm a life-long thrifter and I like free and cheap things. I love the flexibility it gives me in life, I have plenty in savings, a unique and appealing apartment, and my rent paid in full for a year on my meager writer's budget because I'm a thrifty villain. Also, the thrill of the hunt is addicting.

Thanks so much for sharing, Van!

I'm actively looking for more favorite finds! If you would like to be considered for Favorite Finds, email me a photo of the item you would choose as your Favorite Find and a little bit about it. I'll write you back with some questions to answer and then we'll get you set up!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for the feature. I like how you censored my profanity ;) Hee-heee.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.