Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Owl Really Booth Updates: Flea Market Edition

At 1:21, Mad Men's Pete Campbell explains to his colleagues at Sterling Cooper what a "chip and dip" is. It's pretty surprising that in 1960, it wasn't a common item/snack! (Watch with caution - Pete Campbell is NOT a gentleman...zoom forward to 1:21 if you're easily offended!)



I have my own vintage chip & dip in my booth! I think it's amazing - it's pink and black and on a lazy susan!


I found it at the Nashville Flea Market last weekend, along with the following items:

An adorable chippy pink alarm clock.


pretty cool retro radio

Are you inspired by vintage tv and shows set in earlier decades? I am!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Pete is not my favorite. He's such a jerk.
    I love your pink and black chip and dip set! And yes, I'm sometimes very inspired by movies and TV. I think I sometimes miss whole scenes because I'm so distracted by the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching old movies for their furniture. :) I've never seen madmen.
    I didn't know chip-n-dips were old (vintage)
    lyb
    your mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.