Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Quiet Night At Home...




I had been in an awful habit lately of not cooking, so I did a bit of meal-planning this week and last night I re-created the first meal Andy & I ever made together - a true southern favorite, poppyseed chicken.

Andy has been racking up records lately (he "says" he doesn't like estate sale-ing and flea marketing, but he always finds great records) and he played me one of his favorite blues groups last night, Sonny & Terry.

If you have Spotify, you can listen to their self-titled album. It sounds SO amazing on vinyl, though.

Do you ever pull out vinyl and listen to it? I just love it. It sounds so real and authentic, especially when listening to soul or blues music which is a staple in our house.

When's the last time you listened to records? That could be a great way to spend your Labor Day weekend!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.