Monday, December 5, 2011

Janelle and Jonathan's Beach Wedding!

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I flew down to the Destin area for my friends Janelle and Jonathan's destination wedding.

I honestly haven't been to a proper beach since I was a kid, so I was pretty amazed by the beauty of it. The water was too cold to do anything more than briefly stick your feet in, but the waves were gorgeous.


Doesn't the gulf look heavenly? Logistically, it didn't work out for Andy to come with me - especially since I was coordinating the wedding and was running around like a crazy person most of the time I was there. :) Since I was missing him, I drew our initials in the sand but they were quickly washed away by the ferocious tide!

The beach was the perfect backdrop for the wedding. It was absolutely beautiful - just like the bride! She was so stunning. Jonathan's dad married them in a lovely, faith-filled ceremony.


Isn't her gown beautiful? And I love Jonathan's snazzy vest and matching trousers! I also love the color of her dad's shirt - it matches the ocean!

The wedding was a true example of community and it was heart-warming to see everyone come together to make it happen. Janelle has friends of all skills who loaned their talents to the wedding - from the cake to the flowers to the music to the food - everyone had expertise they offered up. It was perfect.

I wish I had photos from the reception but I sadly don't! It was wonderful, though!

I love coordinating weddings. I love troubleshooting and being in the moment and delegating and seeing people step up to make things happen, but most of all I love witnessing love and being a part of a couple's special day.

I am so happy for Janelle and Jonathan and so honored to have been a part of their wedding!

Here's one last beach/gulf shot... it was incredible!



If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

1 comment:

  1. congrats to the happy couple! I'm thrilled that Janelle found Jonathan! :)
    the pictures are beautiful jamie, I wish andy could have been there with you!
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.