Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Furniture Hunt: I finally found what I'm looking for!

When you finally find what you've been looking for, it's ok to pay a little more for it and not stick to your thrifty, ridiculously cheap ways, right? It's ok to recognize that this kind of furniture doesn't come around all the time and it's ok to pay a little more... right??

I'm trying to convince myself not to be too cheap to pass this up. It's not expensive, it's just not thrift-store-cheap... and I am normally stuck in my thrift-store ways. When you shop at the Goodwill Outlet and leave with an armload for under $10, it's hard to pay full price for ANYTHING!

We're looking at the below table that I found on Craigslist today. I'm so excited!!


I have been coveting a vintage Danish-style dining table for a few years now. I can never find one that is real wood and in my price range. (Andy and I don't really want a laminate table so I'm hoping this one is real wood.)

I hope it works out. I can't wait to pick out fabric to recover the seats! And to have SIX chairs?? We have a 2 person pew pulled up to our current table (which I bought for $20 at a yard sale and it's very shabby) and a random chair I bought at an estate sale years ago and we used to have a pew chair (that I found on the side of the road) pulled up to it, but it is quite broken.

Actually, you can see a photo of our dining room from a previous post here.

Wish us luck!!!

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

7 comments:

  1. good luck for sure! Ohhh please tell me you didn't throw out THAT chair! nooooo
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pew! And I like the Craigslist Table and chairs too. If you have been looking for that set all for a long time, you'll regret it if you let it go now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If's what you REALLY want, then by all means it's okay not to be thrifty because if you don't you'll eventually regret it. I hope it's in great condition and that it truly is as good as you are imagining. Can't wait to hear. Love the idea of a pew at the table! I currently have one of my armless headboard benches at my dining table, only because it didn't sell at the last fair. It still has the plastic on the cushion! Good luck.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beautiful! i always think it is ok to pay a little more for something that you absolutely love and have been looking for. i hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great find! I'm a new follower, and I have to tell you, I love your header! Too cute! Is that actually your glider? If so all I have to say is LUCKY! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get it and that it isn't laminate! We try and stay away from it too! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So? Did you get it? I love that table. It will last a lifetime, and is so classic. And putting fabric on those chairs will be so easy to change out...a good investment I'd say!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.