Thursday, February 2, 2012

I got my Whimseybox!


Have you heard of Whimseybox? It's a fun project where you subscribe to receive a box of craft supplies each month! I signed up and received my first box last week. I haven't dug in to make anything yet, but I love the idea of receiving a box of surprise craft goodies each month to inspire me!

In my first Whimseybox, I received a small jar of orange paint, a blank slap bracelet to decorate, some pink/orange ribbon wrapped around a blue stripey straw, 2 envelopes of sequins, and 2 packs of Sculpey clay. You crafty types - are your gears spinning yet on what you would make with the items?? If you have some ideas, please leave a comment!

Want to know more about Whimseybox? Find out more in the video below and on their website!

Introducing Whimseybox from Alicia DiRago on Vimeo.



Are you Whimseyboxing? I would love to hear if so - and see what you make!


If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

5 comments:

  1. I've seen great things done with the sculpey stuff. Ya press something decorative into it, then suddenly you have a mold to poor plaster into to make a like item. hahaha Not your cup of tea?
    I love this concept, wish WE had thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make molds, actually. I could make lots of owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! This selection of items really makes the mind search for ideas too - which is good for keeping creativity flowing. And reminds me that I don't own a single sequin which must be remedied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound fun! Who doesn't like surprise packages?
    I don't know what I'd do~maybe some clay tags and sequined slap bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i'm going to subscribe! this looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.