Monday, August 20, 2012

Thrift Report: August Finds

Just a few things I've found recently... I went to a very interesting estate sale of a woman who owned a wallpaper business and lived in one half of her business. It was a beautiful house with lots of character. She is moving to Mexico and so she was selling her entire stash of crafts - which worked well for me!

I found an awesome embroidery book from the 70s with tons of great embroidery/crewel patterns inside and at Goodwill, I picked up a french grammar book. At the estate sale, I grabbed 4 vintage maps, some library book envelope thingies, and some casters that I'm going to give my mom for her projects.

august finds

At Goodwill, I found some crazy graph paper. I can't wait to cut it up for minibooks!

wilson graph paper


That's all for now! I hope you've been finding great stuff too. :)

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ah...that graph paper brings back tons of memories. I was an accountant before I retired. While in college, I worked for a CPA. We would use this graph paper to write down all the income and expenses for a business. In pencil and in tiny print - look how small the columns are LOL Was I ever grateful for the computer age to arrive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - hearing that you actually used this paper for accounting makes my head spin!! The columns are so tiny! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that ledger must have been torture to use!
    good stuff! I appreciate you picking up the casters for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.