Monday, April 7, 2014

Well..

I've been quiet.

There's no easy way to say it. Two months ago, we lost Andy's dad. It's still incredibly hard to believe and painful and it doesn't feel real.

I've been cocooning. I've been a hermit and I've been throwing myself into trying to create beauty around us. When things feel so hard and sad, I like the reminders that life can be beautiful.

I'm no uber-Pollyanna, but I do try to find the positives in most situations. Even in such a hard time, I try to focus on the good. We've been able to spend so much time with Andy's family and hear so many stories and go through so many old photos. I've found some favorite family photos that have really made me smile. My absolute favorite is one of Andy's dad when he was about 3 years old.


It's so joyful. I made a copy and had it printed and it's in our living room now. It makes me smile.

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

8 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss Jamie. Glad you are able to spend time with family and grieve together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you all are processing all of this. I lost my father winter 2012 and I swear I still find myself cocooning about once a month at least. Grief is overwhelming. I had to work through it...and it's a never ending process, but in the midst of all of it- you definitely find strength and realize what friendships and things in your life really matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmie, I'm sorry you've been through this before. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  3. My father in law passed away unexpectedly 9 months ago. At the time, my daughter threw herself into a huge photo scanning project. She sent that online album to all of her uncles and cousins and her Grandma; all these months later, it is still something we all talk about. Where did she find that one....wasn't that a good trip....do you remember when.... The stories keep coming and he is loved and remembered. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, thanks for your kind words. I'm sorry for your loss, too. Photos can be such a comfort - I'm thankful for them!

      Delete
  4. I'm really sorry to hear that. It's always hard losing a parent. I lost my dad two and a half years ago. Remember the good, forgive the bad, and live life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.