Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fashion Challenge: A Week Without My Jean Jacket


This is definitely not a fashion blog because I am definitely not a fashionista, but I love dresses. I wear a dress 99% of the time. Last year, my co-worker asked me if I got a haircut because he knew something was different and then he realized that I was wearing jeans, and that's what was so different about me that day. I love dresses. Love them!

I have a mix of vintage and new (mostly from my favorite store, Ross!!) and although I don't wear jeans, I definitely wear my jean jacket like other people wear jeans. I grab any dress and throw on my jean jacket and run out the door.

I felt like I was relying TOO much on my jean jacket and wanted to challenge myself to a week without it. Surprisingly, I didn't miss it and I really liked the challenge of trying to come up with actual outfits rather than dress + jacket. Here are a few poor quality, cheesy photos of what I wore when I wasn't allowing myself to wear my jacket! As you can see, I traded in the jacket for cardigans but a girl's gotta stay warm!


I really, really had fun mixing black + brown + gray +white. I feel fearless now when it comes to mixing those because I took a risk, mixed them, and loved it. Probably my favorite combination is gray tights/leggings with my brown cowboy boots. I love the way it looks! Plus, I am kinda addicted to my brown cowboy boots.

Has the change in weather inspired you or stumped you when it comes to picking out clothes every day? I was definitely in a rut but after successfully completing my challenge, I feel inspired again. Are you in a rut? How do you overcome it? Are there any "fashion challenges" you could take to jumpstart your ensemble inspiration? Let me know in the comments!!

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

5 comments:

  1. great post jamie! You look adorable, and I find it hard to believe you ditched that jacket for a week! you go girl! :)
    I love your mirror! hehehe
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jamie you look adorable...love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits!
    I bought new clothes last weekend, and I challenged myself to try things on that caught my eye even if I was absolutely SURE it wouldn't look good. A few things surprised me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear you are a dress wearer like me! I love layering summer dresses for fall and winter. You really get a good use out of them that way. I am a HUGE fan of dresses with leggings like you did in these pictures. Although, I gasped when someone said on Project Runway that leggings were out...what do they know right? They are comfortable so what do they know, I am going to keep wearing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.