Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Fun: Learning to Embroider





For Christmas, my mom bought me an embroidery pattern from etsy and gave me a huge binder of embroidery floss that used to belong to our neighbor's daughter. (She gave my mom a huge load of things to sell at a yard sale and I suppose the binder was a part of that.) It's all organized by color and I love flipping through and looking at all the beautiful hues!

I've never embroidered or hand sewn (well) before, so I googled and found Sublime Stitching. Jenny shows you the basics of embroidery and also has the cutest, kitschy-est patterns for sale!



I'm excited to try my hand at embroidery! I practiced a few stitches tonight but I need to print out a pattern on transfer paper and transfer it, etc... but I don't have good fabric for embroidery right now. So... we'll see! I'm excited to try my hand at this in 2012. :)

Also, I love the roller derby patterns! I'm already scheming to make something to donate to the Nashville Rollergirls' silent auction next year!

Are you learning anything in the new year? Going to try a new craft? Let me know!

Have a great weekend!

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I spent years embroidering when you were small! I hope you enjoy it.
    learning anything new in 2012? I dunno!!! big things may be happening, we'll see!
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love embroidery! especially those sublime sticking patterns! so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to learn embroidery! Also since I can't knit to save my life, I'd like to try crochet. I can't wait to see what you make! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.