Tuesday, April 10, 2012

DIY: Make a Dress!

Pinterest tells me that 9 weeks ago I pinned this pin that shows how to make your own dress from fabric and a tank top.

It's so, so easy and I became so, so obsessed! I have made 5 dresses so far - here are my 3 favorites.


I have plans for many more- I just gotta find the hour to carve out and focus! I have learned a lot along the way - be sure to enclose your hems so the fabric doesn't fray - OR just use the selvage at the bottom of your skirt and then you don't have to do anything!

All the tank tops are cheapos from Wal-mart ranging from $3-$4! The first skirt fabric was $1.50 a yard at our new Wal-Mart, the middle dress is made from fabric from JoAnn, and the third dress is made from thrifted fabric that I've had for years!

This is such an easy way to make affordable dresses! I love them!


If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the thrifted fabric! Now WEAR ONE for a "what I wore" post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! glad you're finally showing us your dresses. :) Happy that you're putting that sewing machine to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that last dress. The print is amazing! I may just have to try my hand at this...thanks for posting it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.