Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Things I've Been Doing Other Than Blogging

I've been terrible about blogging! I just haven't been motivated and there's been a lot going on!

I just got back from 6 days off work - Andy and I went with his family on our annual Gatlinburg trip, which was really nice. When we got back, we headed out on different trips -- he had been planning a guys' trip to Florida for awhile and I figured I'd take the opportunity to go visit family and friends myself!

I drove up to Louisville and dropped Lucy off with my mom then headed to Indiana to see my friend Mandi and her family and then up even further north to visit my friend Dayna. I never realized South Bend was so far north and that we were basically on the Michigan border. We drove up and saw Lake Michigan and it was GORGEOUS. I love Michigan and I love water!

fannie farkle

Our annual tradition is to visit Fannie Farkle's, an arcade on the Gatlinburg strip. A corn dog, a coke, and video games!

We're addicted to those games where you drop a quarter or token in and try to get it to push the other coins over the ledge to earn tickets.  Fannie Farkle's had an amazing, more digitized version that gave us soooo many tickets. We managed to earn almost 4,000 tickets and couldn't find a single thing to purchase with them, so we gave them to a little boy. I hope he picked out something awesome!

ollie

We all played Hillbilly Golf as a family and Ollie had fun putting, too. :) It's so fun to see him grow up! Isn't he adorable??

When I was outside of Indianapolis, Mandi took me to an apple orchard that had a petting zoo. Her adorable daughter Makenna had fun with all the animals!

makenna petting zoo

I love goats so much!

goats

And alpacas!

alpaca

Then, I drove to South Bend and Dayna and I drove to St. Joseph, Michigan to see Lake Michigan and the beach!

It was crazy warm for October!

lake michigan beach

It was really strange to see a tree with fall leaves...planted in sand!

beach fall tree

On the beach!

dayna jamie beach

It was such a great trip! So good to see family and friends. It was hectic to drive all over the place (Nashville to Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg to Nashville. Nashville to Louisville. Louisville to Greenwood. Greenwood to South Bend. South Bend to Louisville. Louisville to Nashville!) but so worth it to see everyone!

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

3 comments:

  1. You know I love those coin games. But I want quarters to fall out instead of tickets!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo happy to have seen you last week! Glad everyone is home safe and sound! Your trip sounds wonderful, but exhausting! Hope you get some rest this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The internet missed you! But we are so glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.