Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Favorite Finds: Mave's Dress


I put out the call for Favorite Finds on Facebook (ooh, so much alliteration!) and my friend Mave responded with enthusiasm for a dress she found at Goodwill! I love vintage dresses so I was excited to hear about her passion for this prairie-esque dress!

Mave says:

This dress reminds me of being a teenager. My parents rarely had money for clothes but they had a credit card for Sears and would buy me whatever I wanted there. But Sears wasn't cool for a 13 year old and I would throw the biggest brat fits whenever they took me to Sears! When I fell in love with this dress, I wanted to call my dad and say "remember how I refused to wear anything from Sears?" This dress is a treasure!


Read on for more on Mave's spectacular Sears score!

What is your favorite find and where did you find it?
A vintage dress from Sears, found at Goodwill on Charlotte Pike in west Nashville, May 2011. It cost $7.99 and it was my first ever dress find at a Goodwill after being an avid Goodwill shopper since 2008.

What was your immediate reaction to the dress?
I was immediately drawn to the colors - the taupe, dark forest green, and the lavender, rust, white, and yellow flowers. Not a typical fashion color palette. I held it up and was in awe of the ruffled neck line, ruffled sleeves, lined bodice. I don't typically wear dresses so I kept asking myself, Can I pull this look off? It didn't matter that it was outside my usual style choice; whether it fit me or not, it had to be mine, if for no other reason than it needed to be loved and cherished.

How does the dress make you feel when you wear it?
I feel like a frontier homemaker princess in this dress. I want to milk the cows and make cornbread without breaking a sweat, which is unlikely since it's 100% polyester.

Mave, thank you for sharing your fun and favorite find with us!

If you would like to be considered for Favorite Finds, email me a photo of the item you would choose as your Favorite Find and a little bit about it. I'll write you back with some questions to answer and then we'll get you set up! I have several in store for you guys already so I may not be able to feature every submission that comes in but I would love to see what you guys have!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.