Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Old School Ceramics: Finished Mantel Clock

Woohoo! It feels good to finish a project. When you go to ceramics for 2 hours every other weekend or so, it can be tough to actually get something finished, but here it is - the mantel clock!

finishedclock

It's a Christmas present for my dad (don't worry- he doesn't own a computer and will never see this so the surprise is definitely not ruined!) and I just need to install the clockworks and then I'll put it up and save it for Christmastime.

I haven't been able to work on the deer anymore, but I brought them home along with some paint and hope to work on them at home!

See more about my time with old-school-ceramics here!
 
If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

6 comments:

  1. That came out so cool, I bet he'll love it! Excited to see your deer all finished up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think he will like it, even if he doesn't, because he can put it on his Jamie shrine. haha. He has everything I've ever made/given him set up on a table in his living room!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Bet your dad will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! He LOVES clocks so I think he will! :)

      Delete
  3. It looks really great! I'd never know that it's ceramic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I really wish I could have added in some wood grain somehow but it just wasn't in the plan... oh well! Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.